Browse the Etsy Shop

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fresh Fused Glass Goodness | New blog series


It's been a busy month in the studio between the reorganization and redesign and creating new pieces for upcoming shows. I love sharing photos of the new pieces I create, often with some background on how it was created and the creative thought process behind it, and decided to create a series "Fresh fused glass goodness" that will appear on a regular basis on the blog. This will be a great way for me to share the process of creating some of my work. This is the first post in the series featuring some of the pieces I have created over the last month or so. The glass studio doesn't have a heating/cooling system so I have to fire up the space heater when I am going to work out there, which means I don't get as much studio time when it is very cold. But Spring is on its way and I'll be creating more fused glass goodness in preparation of the Dogwood Art DeTour and Dogwood Arts Festival Market Square Art Fair in April.

These pieces below have been created using what I refer to as "remainder glass". This is the glass that is leftover when I cut squares and circles. I stacked the pieces into circles and squares to create "new" pieces of clear glass and then I added additional glass embellishments and accents. The pieces were them full fused and then slumped or draped into or over molds. I love how thick and heavy these pieces are! Let me know what you think of this new process. I love getting feedback!
fused glass vase, one of a kind fused glass art, sassy glass studio

fused glass plate, one of a kind fused glass art, sassy glass studio

fused glass vase, one of a kind fused glass art, sassy glass studio

fused glass plate, one of a kind fused glass art, sassy glass studio

fused glass platter, one of a kind fused glass art, sassy glass studio

fused glass platter, one of a kind fused glass art, sassy glass studio

ON A SIDE NOTE:
Sassy Glass Studio will be at the Ironwood Art Fair on Friday, March 14th from 5pm to ?? and Saturday, March 15th from 10am to 4pm. Find out more information here.

March is National Craft Month and there are three ways you can celebrate in Sassy Style! Find our more in this post.
______________________________________

{Connect with us!}
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
Pin us on Pinterest
Peep our snaps on Instagram
Sign up for the Newsletter

No comments: