Class schedule :: Schedule is for one 4-hour class.
· Overview of fused glass and techniques complete with informational handouts and suggested books and websites to get more information and/or design ideas.
· Topics include kiln and mold preparation, glass selection, project design, firing schedules, safety, glass supplies, assembly, annealing, compatibility testing, slumping and draping, working with frits, stringers and noodles, inclusions, as well as many other wonderful things you have always wanted to know about fusing glass! Previous experience cutting glass is not necessary and will be covered as required.
· Students will create a set of 4 coasters in the colors and design of their choice.
· Firing schedules, types of kilns and the fusing process will be discussed in depth.
· A question and answer period will conclude the class. Handouts are included and recommended reading list will be provided. No books are necessary for the classes.
The goal for Beginner Fused Glass Class is to provide all participants with an overall understanding of fused glass and the various techniques involved in the creation of some basic pieces. Intermediate Fused Glass Class will allow participants to explore more advanced techniques and fusing methods and complete a more complex project involving slumping and/or draping.
Beginners Class is $200 and classes are scheduled at a date and time you choose.
All materials and tools are included in this price.
Studio Location :: Sassy Glass Studio is located at 5000 Parkdale Road just up from the intersection of Cedar Lane and Inskip Road. It is about halfway between the Merchants Road exit of 75N and Broadway/Fountain City Duck Pond.
Find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Sign up for Beginner Fused Glass class now! Contact me via phone at 865.406.3870 or e-mail at email@example.com to sign up for a class or book your own class dates. Payment may be sent via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may pay via credit card over the phone. It's that simple!