Browse the Etsy Shop

Friday, January 24, 2014

It's a Sassy New Year! {part 2}


Can you believe the first month of 2014 is almost over? Time always seems to fly by when we have so many things we want to accomplish, doesn't it. The beginning of the year is always a little quiet business-wise and I've been taking advantage of the slowness of this time of year and working on expanding my creativity both in the glass studio and with my photography. But my creativity is not all that I am focusing on this year. As I mentioned in my first post of the new year, I am also working on being more active and social.

To me, this means spending more time doing physical activities I love like working out, bicycling, and taking hikes, as well as the activities I don't like such as working out really hard and getting better at riding my mountain bike in terrain that makes me a pretty much scared to death. I've decided that I'm not getting any younger and I need to do these things now before it is too late! Even if they scare me.


And I will be more social. {Maybe I will even be more social while doing things that scare me!} And I'm not talking about meeting friends for beers, dinner and a movie. Being more social is important to my business and to my sanity. So, for me, being more social will include spending more time with other creative business owners, preferably with coffee, sharing about our businesses and creating ways to grow our businesses. Although I operate my photography business with my husband, that is not the same social environment as working in a business with several other people. I like to talk with other people and learn about them and what they do. And I already know my husband. At least I think I do. I also want to meet more people in my community and around the world. Increasing my social footprint, so to speak. I love meeting people in person, but some of my socializing may be on-line through the use of social media, podcasts, webinars and meetings/conventions. 

Connect with me if you are in the Knoxville area and want to go for a bicycle ride! I love to ride the greenways on my pink cruiser if that appeals to you more than mountain biking. And if you want to meet for a coffee, give me a jingle! Check back next week for my next post sharing my 2014 plans for being more productive and awesome.

Here's to a Sassy New Year! 2014 is going to be awesome! Stay tuned for more information about upcoming events, classes, workshops, videos and behind-the-scenes goodies!
_______________________________

{Connect with us!}
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
Pin us on Pinterest
Peep our snaps on Instagram

No comments: