Browse the Etsy Shop

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Put a Ring On It | Fused Glass Rings {one-of-a-kind fused glass art | Knoxville TN}

A couple of years ago I purchased a sterling silver adjustable ring from Delphi Glass and set about creating a fused glass cabochon in black with pink on top to attach to the ring. I learned a lot from this ring. I learned that you need to roughen up the surface of the ring pad before gluing the cab to it so it won't come off and also that I needed to use E6000 adhesive instead of Aileen's Bead and Jewelry glue. The first time the cab came off the ring pad I was in a port-a-pottie. Thank goodness it fell onto the floor. This should have been a sign that I should not create anymore rings, but alas, it was not.

Fast-forward to July 2010 when I make another attempt at creating fused glass rings with surprising success. This time around I am using some adjustable silver-toned metal rings with a pad that I scuff with sandpaper before gluing the cabochon with E6000. It's always amazing how much you learn by just doing and analyzing the results! These rings are pretty fabulous - different sizes, shapes and in all colors of the rainbow. The photographs below show a selection from the first batch of rings. More are ready to be finished and will be available in the Etsy shop soon. All rings are $20. Don't see the perfect color combination or size for you? Let Sassy Glass Studio custom create a fused glass ring just for you!











Visit the Etsy shop, find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on All Things Sassy!

No comments: