Browse the Etsy Shop

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My 'Aha Moment' :: Teaching Fused Glass Classes

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Megan who works for the company that is producing Mutual of Omaha’s “proud sponsor of life’s aha moments” campaign. She asked me to share my 'aha moment' in a short videotaped segment that will eventually be posted on their website. I didn't realize participating could potentially lead to being chosen to appear in a commercial, I just thought it would be fun and a good excuse to go downtown to Market Square and enjoy a Mochachino from Rita's Italian Ice.

Deciding on my 'aha moment' was not difficult. I knew I wanted to talk about how much I love teaching people to create their own fused glass art. Teaching has become a really important part of my life and it was a true 'aha moment'. My appointment for taping coincided with the arrival of writer Nicholas Hunt and photographer Michael Patrick of the Knoxville News Sentinel so I was fortunate to be part of the article that appeared the next day in the newspaper and on-line. Here is the photograph from the article. See the link below to read the entire article.

Read more about my 'aha moment' and others in this Knoxville News Sentinel article.

Here are some of the photographs of the 'aha moment'-mobile and the film "clapper" I received as a momento of my experience.



It was really flattering to be asked to participate and I will be sure to share the videotape of my 'aha moment' when it is available. And you can bet that is my 'moment' makes it to the finals I will counting on your vote!

Find out more about Sassy Glass Studio on our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter and check out our one-of-a-kind fused glass art on Etsy.

No comments: