Browse the Etsy Shop

Monday, January 18, 2010

There's No Place Like Home {one-of-a-kind fused glass art | Knoxville, TN}

I love when customers send me photographs of the fused glass goodness they purchased because it gives me the chance to see how it looks in its new environment and I can really appreciate how they see my work and why they chose it in the first place. The orange platter in the photographs below was the result of a custom creation request I received through the Sassy Glass Studio Etsy shop and was actually made twice. The first platter was destroyed during shipping and, after I stopped crying about it, I created another piece that I personally liked a lot better. The customer loved them both.  She's a super customer and I love that she was so easy going about the whole situation.  The only information she gave me was the color scheme but amazingly when I saw the photos it was neat to see I had almost copied the coral reef design on a pillow. I don't know which came first, the platter or the pillow, but I thought it was really neat.

The platter is made of frit in orange, yellow and green artfully arranged on two layers of clear glass with some of the finer frit between the two layers as well. The use of the frit gives the platter a very dimensional look.  I think I will have to design another platter in a similar design since it is so unique and eye-catching. Oh, and I just realized the coasters in the middle photo are also Sassy Glass Studio creations.

Share images of your Sassy Glass Studio one-of-a-kind fused glass art with me and I will feature it on the blog. I always wonder where folks put their pieces after they receive them so it's nice to see how awesome they look in their new homes.

Drop by the Sassy Glass Studio Etsy shop and browse for one-of-a-kind fused glass goodness, follow us on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

No comments: