Browse the Etsy Shop

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sassy and Sturdy...Fused Glass Plate Survives Movers Poor Packing {one-of-a-kind fused glass art | Knoxville, TN}

Hi! Just wanted to drop you a note with a story about this gorgeous plate I bought from you. We just moved cross-country, and our (insert bad word here) movers "packed" your plate at the bottom of a box, unwrapped, with a bunch of heavy glass items on top of it. I was so nervous when I saw the plate peeking out at the bottom of the box....it was completely unharmed!! Yippee!! That is one tough and beautiful plate--thanks! Elena

Elena purchased the Santa's Snacks fused glass plate before Christmas because it reminded her of a plate her dear aunt had made for her. Her aunt has since passed away and the plate broke. This plate was to serve as a centerpiece for the family's holiday table. I am so thankful that Elena shared this tale with me because people think the glass is so delicate even when I explain that it has been properly annealed and is very strong. Let's hope nobody else has an experience like Elena's, but it's good to know the fused glass I create is not only Sassy, it's also sturdy!

Be sure to stop by Elena's Etsy shop and check out all the quilts and quilted items she has created. Let her know I sent you!

No comments: