Browse the Etsy Shop

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Extra! Extra! Lisa and Sassy Glass Studio are in skirt! Magazine {one-of-a-kind fused glass art | Knoxville, TN}

The e-mail I received from Janet Testerman, editor of skirt! Knoxville, started with an explanation that I had missed the magazine calendar deadline to include the Knoxville Creative Hands Street Team Spring Show & Sale and ended with an invitation to be the 24/7 feature for the July issue. Not a bad consolation prize for all the hard work I put into getting the press releases out to the local media!

So, I thought it would be fun to share the page from the July issue (page 50 if you check out the paper version) along with my responses to all of the "interview" questions Janet sent my way. There were a lot of great questions and I think they will help you put a personality with the face (and name) and get to know me better. And by better, I really mean get to know more about me than you ever wanted. Enjoy!


24/7 with Lisa Gifford Mueller, Fused Glass Artist/Professional Photographer, Knoxville, TN

My family: is full of interesting characters.
My work: allows me to express myself as creatively as I wish!
My passion: is guiding others to reach their goals in their creative business.
My favorite possession: Honda Metropolitan scooter…blue and white with hibiscus flowers all over.
My hometown: Marstons Mills, on Cape Cod, MA
I’m thinking about: whether or not to put pink streaks in my hair again.
Words I live by: "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." — Scott Adams
I can’t live without: a cup of coffee in the AM (and it doesn’t even have to be good coffee!)
I am most proud of: my recent body transformation…fit, fabulous and over 40!
What keeps me awake at night: Snoring
One thing I never want to do again: Work for someone other than myself!
If I could be totally wild, I would: pose for Playboy
I am guilty of: taking the bigger slice of pie for myself.
Right now I’m reading: The Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan
The one item that has changed my life: My Canon 5D (or cameras in general)…totally changed the way I look at things, from perspective to composition, and how I create as an artist.
Favorite web site: Etsy.com
Last major purchase: My motorcycle, a Honda Shadow Spirit 750
The nickname I wish I had: Kitty Fantastic
My theme song: hasn’t been written yet, but I know it will totally rock!
If I had a vanity plate on my car, it would say: Sassy (of course!)
If I could do it all over again: I would have gotten a more interesting tattoo.
My favorite body part: my new abs!
The food I could eat every day: Freshly caught New England seafood
If I were a superheroine I would be: Hello Kitty!
My blog: http://sassyglassstudio.blogspot.com
The most important thing I ever lost: my mind…but only temporarily!
The best thing I ever won: my husband’s heart
My best friend says I am: tall.
I still can’t get the hang of: applying makeup
I wish I’d known: That I would love to travel…I would have started much sooner!
The world would be a better place, if only: people woke up with a positive attitude
I’d like to learn to: stop taking everything personally.
Something most people don’t know about me: I suffer from a painful neuropathic disorder, Trigeminal Neuralgia, which is thankfully in remission right now.
My mother always said (says): I take good care of her, but maybe that is only because I bought her a house. (See worst idea!)
The worst idea I’ve ever had: to buy a house because it was cute…then dump oodles of money into its ridiculous renovation.
The smartest woman I know: Carlene Steenekamp. She should be a doctor, not a personal trainer.
My first job: waitress in a little diner on Cape Cod.
What are you most vain about? Not vain about anything
Whose diary would you most like to read? Princess Diana’s
What do you fear the most? Hurting someone’s feelings.
Best one-liner you ever heard: (Oh, I am so terrible with remembering humorous bits!)
Always...have positive thoughts!
Never...think that you can’t do something.
I wish…my cats would stop being lazy and clean the house.


So, there you have it, everything you always wanted to know (and more) about Lisa Gifford Mueller of Sassy Glass Studio. Be sure to check out skirt!Knoxville on the web and on Facebook too. Skirt! is fun and entertaining and always a great source of information.


Visit the Sassy Glass Studio Etsy shop for one-of-a-kind fused glass art

No comments: