Browse the Etsy Shop

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dogwood Arts Festival Market Square Art Fair {one-of-a-kind fused glass art, Knoxville, TN}

:: MARK YOUR CALENDARS ::

Sassy Glass Studio will be displaying our one-of-a-kind fused glass art at the Dogwood Arts Festival Market Square Art Fair from Thursday, April 16th to Sunday, April 19th.

This will be second year Sassy Glass Studio has participated in the DAF Art Fair and we are looking forward to great weather and huge crowds. Last year's DAF Art Fair was our very first show and just about anything that could go wrong did. It was the ultimate learning experience. Our hand-me-down tent literally exploded in a wind storm about an hour after a reporter from the newspaper came by and asked how things were going and I replied "Great!". It was pretty funny because the story was on the front page of the paper the next morning and a lot of people came by and told me about it and then I got to share "the rest of the story". We now have an ultra-fabulous professional tent and that bad boy isn't going to give us any trouble. The first day of the Art Fair coincides with the popular Sundown in the City concert series on Market Square and I am really looking forward to sharing my art with the thousands who will flock downtown to listen to Cowboy Mouth. There are also a number of new activities planned this year such as the chalk walk which should be great fun for the kids (and probably a few adults too).

I get really excited about all things local to Knoxville so when I was planning my art show schedule for 2009 doing the DAF Art Fair was the only show I cared about. I won't be traveling to Blowing Rock, NC or Hilton Head, SC this year for shows that were well attended but didn't leave me feeling like I had connected with any "community". That's why I am keeping it local this year. In order to let people know a little more about me and what I think is important as an artist located in Knoxville, TN I created another tag line for my Studio (aside from one-of-a-kind fused glass art) that sums it up :: Shop Local :: Shop Unique :: Shop Handmade :: Shop Sassy Glass Studio. I also sell my fused glass goodness through Etsy, an on-line marketplace, where only handmade items are sold which allows me to share my art with the whole world while maintaining the "Shop Local" feeling of a friendly market.

I will be sharing more about selling my art on Etsy and how that has evolved into the development of a group of local crafters, artists and creative minds who have come together to raise awareness of creative people in Knoxville and give people the opportunity to feed the local economy by buying art and other products which have been hand-crafted locally. Look for features on my fellow Knoxville Etsians as well.

I look forward to seeing you next week at the Dogwood Arts Festival Market Square Art Fair!

No comments: