Do you have this weekend 's Dogwood Arts Festival Art DeTour on your calendar? You should! This is a great opportunity to visit the studio's of working artists all over Knoxville and theh surrounding area and see them creating their art. Sassy Glass Studio is excited to participate in this year's DeTour and you will find me working away in the studio on Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm and will you also see me teaching the first half of Intermediate Fused Glass Class on Sunday from 1pm to 5pm. Students who have completed the Beginner Fused Glass Class are invited to register for a the Intermediate Class special Spring rate of $225 for this class only. There are only 3 spaces available! Here is more information about the Fused Glass Classes. I would love to teach you how to create your own fused glass goodness!
Classes are on your schedule so if this weekend isn't convenient for you, please contact me to book your class. You will need two 4-hour classes with at least one day in between. Don't miss out on all the fun!
Student creating project, above and table ready for class, below
Sassy Glass Studio’s Fused Glass Classes
Beginner Fused Glass Class, which will also serve as the prerequisite for Intermediate Fused Glass Class, will provide students who are either brand-new to fusing glass or who need a refresher course with the opportunity to complete two basic fusing projects, one will be a set of four 4-inch coasters and the other is your choice of: 4 pendants, nightlight, or sun catcher.
Class schedule :: Schedule is for two 4-hour classes. The days and time can be set to accommodate your schedule (and mine too!).
· Overview of fused glass and techniques complete with informational handouts and suggested books and websites to get more information and/or design ideas.
· Topics include kiln and mold preparation, glass selection, project design, firing schedules, safety, glass supplies, assembly, annealing, compatibility testing, slumping and draping, working with frits, stringers and noodles, inclusions, as well as many other wonderful things you have always wanted to know about fusing glass! Previous experience cutting glass is not necessary and will be covered as required.
· Students will create the set of 4 coasters and learn about the firing process in this hands-on class.
· Students will be advised to determine the choice of second project before the end of Class #1 to ensure supplies are on hand, etc.
· Students will review of the coasters created in Class #1 and finish the coasters as necessary.
· Students will create the remaining piece(s) in the hands-on portion of the class and place them in the kiln for firing.
· Students will review topics covered during classes as well as some more in-depth information about glass fusing and what can be expected in Intermediate class.
Note: Students can arrange pick-up or delivery of items completed in Class #2
A question and answer period will conclude each class. Handouts are included and recommended reading list will be provided. No books are necessary for the classes.
My goal for Beginner Fused Glass Class is to provide all participants with an overall understanding of fused glass and the various techniques involved in the creation of some basic pieces. Intermediate Fused Glass Class will allow participants to explore more advanced techniques and fusing methods and complete two complex projects involving slumping and/or draping.
Beginners Class is $200
Intermediate Class is $250
All materials and tools are included in this price.
Studio Location :: Sassy Glass Studio is located at 5000 Parkdale Road just up from the intersection of Cedar Lane and Inskip Road. It is about halfway between the Merchants Road exit of 75N and Broadway/Fountain City Duck Pond.
Schedule a class :: Contact me via e-mail or call 865-406-3870. Payment is due upon scheduling the class to reserve the dates. Sassy Glass Studio accepts cash, check, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal invoice.
Click the button below to pay for Beginner Fused Glass Class via PayPal then e-mail or call Lisa at 865-406-3870 to schedule your class.
Click this button to pay for Intermediate Fused Glass Class via PayPal.
Student at work, above and a finished student project, below.